You're One in a Million...well...1.4 Million that is!
Lions club members are men and women who strive to make a difference in their local community as well as communities worldwide. Their volunteer efforts go beyond the support of vision care, to addressing unmet health and education needs worldwide.
Why should I become a Lion? As a Lions club member, you can:
- Make a difference in your community. Whether it is providing support locally or reaching out internationally, you will have an opportunity to serve.
- Be a part of a worldwide organization carrying out community and humanitarian projects. Members allow Lions clubs worldwide to carry out its many community and humanitarian programs.
- Grow personally and professionally by participating in our programs, community service projects and events.
- Gain an understanding and have an impact on local and international humanitarian issues.
- Develop relationships with both local and international community and business leaders.
Choose the Membership That's Right for You
Lions clubs are composed of diverse people in communities in nearly every corner of the world. That's why we offer you several ways to become a Lion – and serve. Lions clubs offer volunteer programs for college students, kids, adults and families. Please consider the types of memberships below, then fill out the form on the right for more information and to begin.
- Regular Membership: Are you interested in volunteer programs, community service and making our world a better place? Lions Clubs International (LCI) offers community members the opportunity to volunteer locally together as a group. Members are expected to meet membership requirements such as dues set by the club and LCI. Take the first step toward membership today – contact a local club and ask to be invited to a meeting.
- Family Membership: Looking for special volunteer programs and activities you can do with your family? Family membership allows relatives to volunteer together at a reduced dues rate. Family members must meet membership requirements, live in the same household and belong to the same club. Children cannot become members, but can participate in the Cub Program, which allows children under age 12 the opportunity to build a lifelong dedication to helping others. If more than one member of your family is joining a club, tell them you want to join as a family unit.
- Student Membership: Our student volunteer programs allow you to make new friends – and help others in your community at the same time. With a student membership, your dues are reduced. If you are enrolled in an educational institution and between the age of legal majority and 30, tell the club you are joining that you would like to take advantage of the Student Member Program dues discount.
- Leo The Lion Membership: If you are a current or former Leo club member between the age of legal majority and through age 30, take the opportunity to receive a dues discount and continue doing volunteer work with Lions Clubs International ... as a Lion!
- Volunteer Programs: For more membership information, contact our Membership and New Club Programs Department